Pages

Teaching, Instrument Shop, and a Cathedral

Thursday was pretty cool. In the preschool we studied articles of clothing and then we made hats (actually I guess they were crowns). The kids loved them and some didn't want to take them off all day. In the afternoon we turned on the sprinkler and got all wet which was very welcome in the hot weather. Girgis, Eriny's finance, came with some other people from NUA to the preschool and he cooked for us. It was very much appreciated, and very yummy! After work I helped Manal make some signs for a missionary couple that were coming back from furlough. Then later on I went with one of the preschool families to an instrument shop to help them find a violin for their son Youssef, who I will be teaching violin lessons to. They are the nicest people and are such a gracious and kind family. After that we went to their Coptic church. The cathedral was very huge...I believe they said it's the biggest Coptic cathedral in Egypt. While the dad was at a meeting we went to the club area. I met some people and talked with the mom while we waited. It was a very interesting experience. They have large areas for children and youth to play and there's also a food shop. They bought me some food and a couple pops. I sang the ABC song with Mirey, their 2 year old daughter who comes to the preschool, and went over some colors. She's getting pretty good at knowing her colors and she especially likes the color orange. Whenever I ask her at preschool which color of paper she wants (for a craft or something) she always picks orange. We stayed at the church for over an hour and then headed home. Mirey fell asleep on me in the car...it was very cute. I think Youssef is excited to learn to play the violin, but I just hope I can teach effectively to an Arabic child. So my day was quite interesting and I'm loving each new experience that I am having.

3 comments:

July 09, 2010 5:15 PM Unfiltered said...

Splendid!! It seems like people really enjoy falling asleep on you Brynsie. Seeing a the cathedral sounds really interesting...cool architecture I bet. I'm still glad you're still having fun...

July 09, 2010 10:29 PM Ali said...

Awww, sounds like a fun and different day. That's SOOO adorable that Mirey likes orange!! It's an awesome colour! Good luck with teaching. You'll do great!

July 12, 2010 11:35 AM Glenda said...

hi
wish i could have another chat with you again one day.
your days sound like they are going quite well.
i am sure you have some challenges but that keeps you on your toes.
love you

Post a Comment